“Where Learning Takes Flight”
Dear Students, Staff and Parents:
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year! Our commitment at Dr. Frederica S. Wilson/ Skyway Elementary is to provide a safe and intellectually challenging environment that will empower students to become innovative thinkers, creative problem solvers and inspired learners prepared to thrive in the twenty-first century.
High standards and expectations for each student in regard to academic performance, co-curricular participation, and responsible citizenship are the foundation of our school. It is with pride that we hold these high standards and ask each of our students to commit to maintaining the extraordinary record of high academic achievement. Full participation in academic and co-curricular programs and a willingness to act responsibly as an individual within our educational environment are the factors that enable all to have a successful and enjoyable year.
Below are our beliefs regarding teaching and learning that we developed as part of this process.
We believe that effective teachers:
- Create opportunities for intellectual risk-taking, collaboration, problem-solving, and application of classroom learning to real life situations;
- Implement strategies that promote ownership of learning to students;
- Demonstrate ongoing professional growth in order to increase the quality of instruction;
- Collaborate with colleagues to share and discuss exemplary practices, interpret student performance data, and design assessments that promote twenty-first century skills.
We believe that successful students:
- Employ critical and creative thinking skills to solve problems; and
- Pose questions, examine possibilities, and apply skills to find solutions to authentic issues.
- Make positive choices related to physical and mental wellness; and
- Contribute to the local and global community in a collaborative and respectful manner
In conclusion, I wish you all a wonderful school year. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and know that my door is always open. I can be reached at [email protected]. I am honored to serve as your principal at Dr. Frederica S. Wilson/ Skyway Elementary and continue the great legacy before me.
Tiffany C. James
Fill Out Your Request for Housing Assistance
- Pre-K, Kindergarten, and 1st Grade 08:30 am to 2:05 pm
- 2nd-5th Grade08:35 am to 03:05 pm
QUICKLY CONTACT US
E: [email protected]
Address: 4555 Nw 206th Terrace, Miami Gardens, Fl 33055
Accessibility accommodations and translation services will be provided upon request.
Se proporcionarán ajustes de accesibilidad y servicios de traducción a su petición.
Nou ap bay sèvis akomodasyon pou aksesibilite ak tradiksyon lè w mande